Weddings & Events
This Northern Virginia wedding and special event venue features weddings that last an entire weekend, rather than just a few hours!
- Ceremony & Reception venue rental
- Cocktail hour with four passed hors d’oeuvres
- Four hours of open bar (Premium or Standard)
- Champagne for your toast
- Wedding cake cutting service
- Glassware, white china, flatware (including set-up)
- Floor-length white table linens and white napkins (including set-up)
- Tables and chairs (including set-up)
- Venue clean up
- Bridal party dressing room Coordinator and in-house Decor
- Can add Bridal Suite for an overnight stay and the Black Horse Inn Manor for the entire weekend
Why You Should Choose The Black Horse Inn
Our grand mansion offers a wedding setting as beautiful and unique as your love, with one-of-a-kind architecture, interiors, and gardens providing the backdrop for your special day. With an estate wedding, your future together will begin framed by the elegance of the past.
Imagine descending a majestic staircase, gown trailing behind as your groom waits in an ornate hall, reciting your vows on a picturesque balcony overlooking a formal garden, or dancing with your guests in an exquisite ballroom. For a wedding evoking true storybook romance, what location could be better than a mansion on a historic estate?
Consider hosting your reception at the Black Horse Inn, Northern Virginia’s dramatic estate, mansion location.
There are many distinct advantages to reserving the Black Horse Inn for your wedding…
- A wedding that can last an entire weekend, rather than just a few hours
- Your personal Historic Mansion ~ just for you and your guests for the weekend.
- Your Choice of a Variety of Gardens and Terraces for your ceremony.
- Grand Ballroom for your wedding reception.
- Unlimited personal wedding planning and “day-of” coordination is available for your convenience. We can assist you in finding local, full-service, event professionals to ensure an unparalleled standard of excellence.
- Black Horse Inn staff members to assist with making sure your day is a perfect one and that you and your guests are comfortable and satisfied.
- Military discount
Don’t Just Take Our Word
Here is What Others are Saying…
“I attended the wedding and wanted to let you know that the experience was spectacular! It was truly a,
“Everything and everyone was way beyond excellent! It was a remarkable, stress-free and fun weekend. I couldn’t say enough how wonderful it was. The elegant but comfortable Inn… having all the vendors coordinate for us…”
“I could not be any happier for my family to pick your venue for their nuptials. Furthermore, your staff really went above and beyond in being available for the wedding party and the guests at the Inn”
“Thank you again for all your wonderful service. Lynn and her staff were friendly, professional, and helpful and a real joy to work with. We couldn’t be more pleased with how the planning went.”
“There were no surprises, no extra costs or charges and that made for a happy bride and groom and parents of the bride and groom. All went as planned. Lynn, you were fabulous! Your warmth and charm made the special day even more special. We won’t forget all your efforts.“
Our packages are stress free and all-inclusive. You must only consider flowers, DJ or musician, and photographer to complete your wedding day.
And while estates are often found in the country, urbanites might not have to go too far afield; the Black Horse Inn is just 45 minutes from Washington D.C., 35 minutes from Dulles airport. Situated on 22 rolling acres, the horses will entertain you and your guests on your wedding day.
Your have your choice of four ceremony locations; all are perfect for bridal photography, both candid and posed.
The scenic landscape of the Black Horse Inn offers a grand wedding gazebo to complete the picturesque setting for wedding ceremonies, nestled in a gracious boxwood garden under a canopy of century-old trees. Three other outdoor terraces are also available for the ceremony site, including a curving outdoor staircase that can complete the backdrop for smaller weddings.
The grand ballroom is climate–controlled with seating for up to 200 guests, breath-taking panoramic views of horses grazing in pastures, a stone fireplace and a stately flagstone terrace. The garden terrace features a picturesque pond with a white-picket bridge, overlooking a gentle waterfall. A fountain graces this photogenic location for elegant outdoor events.
The Inn has 10 guest rooms each with private baths available for family, friends and out-of-town guests. The manor house has nine (9) rooms and can accommodate eighteen or more guests, while an additional suite, attached to our stable is available for you convenience. Rollaway beds are available for $35 per person per night for additional wedding guests. Our rooms offer the perfect dressing room for bridesmaids or groomsmen on the wedding day.
Additional accommodations are available nearby at three hotels just a mile away from the Inn. Allow the Black Horse Inn’s staff to take care of your details. Their professionalism and experience are uncompromised and can handle all of your wedding needs. If you need extra hours for your event, just let us know! Extra hours are available for the rate of $200 per hour on weekdays and $250 per hour on weekends.